Friday, July 1, 2011

FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND is HERE!!

Happy Friday, Ya'll!! & happy fourth of july weekend! 

So, who is excited for a festive holiday weekend? Uhhh... ME! I will say... I'm going to miss going to my uncle UM's house for an evening of family fun and a fireworks show... UM does it right and we always have had the best time. This summer has brought change... we have a new family member and sometimes just a low key weekend either fishing {uncle &brother} or lounging without much effort sounds just as dandy. That's what I'm doing this time around.... and although I will miss my family dearly.... I think a nice and relaxing LONG weekend without travel is in my nearest future. This is what I have planned....


That sounds relaxing right? Ha ha.... 

When I was a little lady we used to wake up and go to the parade, then decorate our bikes and go on the neighborhood bike parade with all the other little kids, then go to the neighborhood pool for ice cream sundaes and pool games and then go over to our neighbor's house and make these flag shirts and then have a street feast. To end the night our parents packed up the vans and we all headed over to Kickingbird Golf Course to lay on {run around everywhere} the green and watch the fireworks on blankets. MAN! Those were the good ole days.... :)  


I hope you all have a very safe and happy holiday weekend. Don't forget to have a moment of silence for all those brave armed forces that have given their lives for our freedom. God Bless them & keep them safe... :) 


recipes: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5


be safe! hb. 



No comments:

Post a Comment